Rate of Pay £8.72 – £9.00 an hour
We are currently recruiting experienced support workers to work within variety of 24 hour supported accommodation services and floating support services for a Housing Association that provides support to vulnerable adults and young people across the Greater Manchester Area.
If you are passionate, flexible and have experience and knowledge of working with clients who are experiencing substance misuse, homelessness and mental health we would like to hear from you.
We can provide work across the following locations: Bolton, Bury, Salford and Tameside
We can offer shift work on a flexible working basis that suits you. Shifts that we can offer range from Day and night shifts across 7 days a week.
As a Support Worker your duties will include:
- Ensuring the safety, security and wellbeing of the residents at all times
- Supporting and empowering service users with housing related issues such as rents, repairs, and housing and welfare benefits
- Following support plans and ensuring that service users are receiving the relevant support
- Maintaining communication log book and recording all relevant information
- Carrying out routine building patrols
- Ensuring the safety and security needs of the residents and building, including health and safety checks, reporting repairs
- Obtaining full handover from staff and providing a full handover at the end of each shift
- Previous experience of working in a 24 hour supported accommodation service or floating support service
- The ability to manage incidents and undertake lone working
- An ability to identify Health and Safety issues and action repairs and maintenance of property
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to maintain accurate records
Candidates should also have a current, enhanced DBS certificate, If you do not hold a valid DBS Certificate they must be willing to apply for one
We can offer candidates an immediate start subject to DBS and reference checks