Rate of Pay £9.00 – £9.50
We are currently recruiting for experienced support workers to cover ad hoc work for a housing association in the Buxton area that provides support to young people within 24 hour supported accommodation
We can offer shift work on a flexible working basis that suits you.
Shifts that we can offer range from Day and night shifts across 7 days a week.
If you are looking for flexible shifts and you have experience of working within a 24 hour supported accommodation service we would like to hear from you. Email your CV to [email protected] or [email protected]
As a Support Worker your duties will include:
- Ensuring the safety, security and wellbeing of the residents at all times.
- Supporting and empowering service users with housing related issues such as rents, repairs, and housing and welfare benefits
- Following support plans and ensuring that service users are receiving the relevant support
- Maintaining communication log book and recording all relevant information
- Carrying out routine building patrols
- Ensuring the safety and security needs of the residents and building, including health and safety checks, reporting repairs
- Obtaining full handover from staff and providing a full handover at the end of each shift
- Previous experience of working in a 24 hour supported accommodation service
- The ability to manage incidents and undertake lone working
- An ability to identify Health and Safety issues and action repairs and maintenance of property
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to maintain accurate records
Candidates should also have a current, enhanced DBS certificate, If you do not hold a valid DBS Certificate they must be willing to apply for one
All offers will be subject to DBS and reference checks