ASE Recruitment are specialist recruiters in the social housing and social care sectors providing temporary staffing to work within a variety of 24 hour supported accommodation services and floating support services for Housing Associations and Charities across the North West
We are recruiting experienced support workers to provide housing related support to support clients to live independently within the community across Stoke on Trent
If you have experience and knowledge of working with clients who are experiencing substance misuse, homelessness and mental health we would like to hear from you.
A variety of work is available on a temporary ongoing basis, or we can offer a variety of shifts on an ad hoc (casual) basis 7 days a week
As a Support Worker your duties will include:
- Supporting and empowering service users with housing related issues such as rents, repairs, and housing and welfare benefits
- Following support plans and ensuring that service users are receiving the relevant support.
- Liaising with local agencies and assisting service users to access employment or education services.
- Multi-agency partnership working
- An ability to work effectively on your own or as part of a team
- Ensure the safety and security of the project whilst on duty
- An ability to identify Health and Safety issues and action repairs and maintenance of property.
- Previous experience of working in a 24 hour supported accommodation service or floating support service
- The ability to manage incidents and undertake lone working
An ability to identify Health and Safety issues and action repairs and maintenance of property.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to maintain accurate records.
- Candidates should have a current, enhanced DBS certificate, If candidates do not hold a valid DBS Certificate they must be willing to apply for one
- An immediate start can be offered subject to employment and DBS checks
- Hourly rate of pay £9.00-£10.50 an hour