We are currently recruiting experienced Project Workers to work within variety of 24 hour supported accommodation services and floating support services for Housing Associations and charities that provides support to vulnerable adults and young people across the Bolton area.
We have a fantastic opportunity to work with a leading housing association in the Bolton area supporting clients experiencing homelessness, mental health and substance misuse
This role is full time temporary 37.5 hours a week working to a rota Monday – Friday working to a rota covering early shifts and late shifts
The minimum term for this temporary role is 3 months with a view to become permanent for the right candidate
We are also interested in hearing from candidates who are interested in bank work we can offer waking nights and day shifts over 7 days a week
If you are passionate, flexible and have experience and knowledge of working with clients who are experiencing substance misuse, homelessness and mental health we would like to hear from you.
AS A Project WORKER YOUR DUTIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Supporting and empowering service users with housing related issues such as rents, repairs, and housing and welfare benefits
- Assessing the needs of service users by writing and updating support plans, key working support sessions
- Supporting with practical and emotional needs including housing, benefits, income management, applying for college, training, courses and employment, advocating on their behalf at appointments and meetings, signposting to specialist support and services
- Inducting clients into the project including sign ups and initial assessments
- Working proactively with clients to support them into education, employment and/ or training and support them to move towards independent living
- Providing advice and guidance around welfare and benefit applications and ensuring clients understand their entitlements
- Working with a range of partners, agency and services including specialist charities, DWP, Council Departments, Housing Associations
ESSENTIAL SKILLS and Experience
- Previous experience of working in a 24-hour supported accommodation service or floating support service
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Ability to work independently using own initiative
- The ability to manage incidents and undertake lone working
An ability to identify Health and Safety issues and action repairs and maintenance of property.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to maintain accurate records
Candidates should have a current, enhanced DBS certificate, if you do not hold a valid DBS Certificate, they must be willing to apply for one
An immediate start can be offered subject to employment and DBS checks