We are recruiting experienced Housing Officers to work with a Housing Association in the Birmingham area.
Candidates should have substantial knowledge and experience in housing and estate management; a track record in effective tenancy management, particularly voids and arrears management; a good understanding of current housing law and regulation and a sound understanding of Housing Benefit regulations and welfare reform.
You will be experienced in providing appropriate support and supervision to staff, have sound written and verbal communication skills, IT skills together with great organisational and time management abilities.
AS A HOUSING OFFICER YOUR DUTIES WILL INCLUDE:
- To manage the process for disposal or acquisition of properties
- The efficient management of void properties to ensure quick re-let: with pre-let and post let checks, ensuring repairs are ordered and completed quickly and properties let to high standard
- To carry out annual H&S internal checks and Environmental Risk Assessments ensuring the internal and surrounding area and building is safe and secure
- Monitoring and enforcing any breaches in occupancy agreements, in consultations with support services teams
- Monitor Residents’ arrears weekly and to take preventative and punitive action, as agreed with support staff, to prevent Residents’ arrears
- Assertively resolve incidents of Anti-Social Behaviour and nuisance with the involvement of statutory and support agencies as applicable
- Take appropriate action to terminate occupancy agreements including serving eviction notices together with the preparation and representation of cases in the county court
- Work in liaison with the asset management team to ensure the provision remains relevant to the residents needs and address issues of disrepair, cyclical maintenance and improvement
- Ensure accurate I.T. and file records are kept on individual tenancies and properties particularly in relation to void management, tenancy sign up, anti-social behaviour, defects, complaints and terminations
- Assist in the production of management information related to key performance indicators and regular reports to your line manager.
- Awareness of housing management issues and legal rights and obligations
- Experience of the welfare benefit system
- Communicate and engage with people from a wide range of backgrounds
- The ability to identify and manage risk
- Demonstrate person centred support to enable long term tenancy sustainment and encourage independency
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive network of partner agencies to address the needs of our tenants
- An understanding of professional boundaries as part of delivering the tenancy support role
- Car driver with access to a car for business purposes
Candidates should also have a current, enhanced DBS certificate, If you do not hold a valid DBS Certificate they must be willing to apply for one
We can offer candidates an immediate start subject to DBS and reference checks Email your CV to [email protected] or [email protected]
Hourly Rate £11.97 an hour